School Uniform Policy
It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos. We also believe it is important that certain activities are facilitated by specialised and appropriate clothing when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We provide a complete list of the items needed for children's school uniform in this policy.
Our policy for children’s school uniform is based on the belief that a school uniform promotes a sense of pride in the school, engenders a feeling of community and belonging, is practical and smart and identifies the children with the school. It is not distracting in class (as fashion clothes might be), makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance and is regarded as suitable and good value for money by most parents. It has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Our colours are Royal Blue, grey/black and white and the uniform is as follows:
• White shirt / white polo shirt / white blouse
• School Royal Blue sweatshirt/cardigan with school logo
• Royal blue and yellow striped school tie (optional in Reception)
• School Royal Blue fleece and/or reversible fleece jacket with school logo
• School Royal Blue book bag/rucksack with school logo
• Grey/black trousers or grey/black shorts
• Grey/Black skirt, grey trousers or grey pinafore dress
• Red checked shirts may be worn in the summer term
• Red gingham dresses may be worn in the summer term
At Ashton Hayes Primary School we recognise each child’s right to express their gender and personality in whichever way feels right to them. This means that, whilst we expect all of our children to wear school uniform, the rules for boys and girls are the same and we do not insist that they wear specific items of clothing.
For PE all children need:
• School white t-shirt with school logo
• School blue PE shorts
• A pair of trainers and a tracksuit for outdoor PE Juniors will need trainers and possibly a football kit at the top of the school
Please Note: PE kits should be kept in school all week and fully named.